2019 ACT Conference
October 18-19, 2019 in Ann Arbor Michigan
University of Michigan North Campus Research Complex Building
Pre-conference Tour of Schools: October 17
Co-Constructing Learning Opportunities with Communities
Schools can be considered as “cultural, social, and political laboratories for ideas about education” (Guidici, C. 2017). Exchange among learners in the classroom community, the school and extended community, inclusive of families, businesses, and policy makers can lead to innovations in education and development research. Join us next year to share in relation to our conference theme.
ACT Workshop Proposals
Proposals submission due date April 30, 2019.
Please include the following information
- Proposal Title - Limit of 150 characters including spaces (approximately 15 words).
- Description of workshop as you want it to appear in the conference program. Limit to three lines.
- Program Proposal Descriptions (2-page limit). The proposal should include:
- The purpose of the session
- Goals and outcomes of the session
- Engagements for participants
- Specifically discuss how your session’s content and structure relates to constructivist pedagogy and the conference’s theme, Co-Constructing Learning Opportunities with Communities.
- Intended audience: preschool teachers, elementary teachers, administrators, teacher educators, etc.
- Presenter (and Co-Presenter(s), if applicable) Information: Name, title, affiliation, preferred phone and email, brief bio. ACT accepts individual, co-presenters, multiple presenters and panel discussions.
- Presentation Date: Indicate whether you have a preference to present on Friday or Saturday.
- Books, Educational Materials: Please let us know if you plan to bring books or other materials to sell at the conference.
- AV Needs
Send the proposal as a Microsoft Word document to Seong Bock Hong at firstname.lastname@example.org All proposals are peer reviewed.
ACT depends on registration fees to pay for the expenses associated with sponsoring this conference. Please note that all presenters are expected to register for the conference and pay the required conference fees. Out of town presenters must book hotel rooms prior to October 4th.
Book Your Hotel
We have negotiated a special rate for rooms at the Holiday Inn Ann Arbor during our conference.
3600 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor, MI
Register for your room using the button below and enter the code "ACT" if prompted.